Eye allergy is annoying for those who suffer from it, it does not only cause the eye look tired because of the swelling and redness only, but also causes tension due to persistent itching, which may lead to complications and increase inflammation of the eye.
We will list here some home recipes and natural ways that enable you to treat eye allergies and reduce the severity of symptoms based on experience and research.
To address the problem of eye allergy, you must first identify the causes:
- Exposure to air carrying dust, which occurs in the spring, for example, the spread of wind loaded with yellow dust, so in such an atmosphere avoid getting off completely.
- Eat some foods, such as eggs, fish, cheese, and milk.
- Seasonal allergies to the eye, which increases in the spring.
You may also want to check this guide, How to Get Rid of Eye Allergies? | Causes ,Symptoms and Treatments
7 Natural recipes for the treatment of eye allergy:
Carrot, cucumber and spinach juices have therapeutic benefits for eye allergies, because they contain vitamins that strengthen the muscles of the eye and calm the pain.
Drink fresh juices at least twice daily, whether juices made from natural fruits or raw vegetables, especially carrots and spinach.
Honey has many benefits because of its therapeutic properties of dermatological diseases, as well as eye diseases. The appropriate amount of honey on your eyes closed and leave for five minutes and then wash with lukewarm water.
Milk is a good sedative to irritate the skin and tissue, dip a piece of cotton in cold milk, and leave it on the infected eye to get rid of redness and itching.
4. Black Tea:
It is probably well known that the black tea is effective for the treatment of eye allergies, it has long been used by our ancestors to get rid of the problems of itching and allergies.
- Dip a piece of cotton in a cold black tea and rub your eyes with it,and you will notice the difference from the first use.
How to prepare tea compresses to treat eye allergies and sensitivities :
- Boil water and put tea on it, almost a tea bag for a small cup.
- When the tea cools down, we wipe the eye with a tea-wet cotton.
- To make sure that the tea enters the eye, we put cotton in the tea and distill each eye two drops of tea.
- It is possible also to make compresses of tea and bring a piece of cloth and drown in the tea and put it on the eyelids.
5. Cold water:
Use cold compresses on the eye, it will also help reduce eye irritation and redness.
You can also use salt water compresses to relieve eye pain caused by allergies, because it has the ability to reduce the proportion of “histamine” allergens.
Potatoes help reduce redness and inflammation. You can make an eye mask of potato chips. It helps to calm the eye from fever and inflammation, as well as to eliminate dark circles and pimples around the eye.
Tips to help you reduce the symptoms of eye Allergies:
- Avoid completely getting out in an unstable atmosphere, such as the spring and the dusty wind season.
- Try not to clean your home at the time of injury, so that dust does not cause eye inflammation.
- Do not rub your eyes and avoid itching as much as possible.
- Wash your hands from time to time, so the direct contact to the eye does not transfer bacteria to it.
- All of the previous recipes will certainly help you to treat eye allergies and relieve symptoms, but this does not prevent the need to go to the doctor in critical cases, which may cause the neglect of some of the complications unwanted.