How Cedar Fever differ from common fever
Cedar fever or Cedar Allergy as it may sound, is not really a fever, and does not look like common flu and cold. However, cedar fever is a seasonal allergy that comes as a result of a reaction to the pollens from mountain cedar count trees in the cold season,
which mostly grows in Central Texas in the United States. These allergenic trees can rapidly grow pollens within a couple of months.
Mountain cedar allergy symptoms:
There are many ways that these allergies can affect your health. In some cases when cedar allergy gets nasty, it causes wild symptoms.
Nowadays cedar pollen fever becomes such a massive problem for people who live in Texas especially in winter. Cedar fever or Cedar pollen allergy doesn’t cause a rise of temperature.
However, it can cause discomfort and show rhinitis symptoms for an extended period. Different people experience different issues related to Cedar allergy.
symptoms of mountain cedar allergy.
- Plugged Ears
- Sore and sharp throat
- Nasal congestion and blocking
- Red and watery eyes
- Runny nose
- Swelling under eyes
- Itchy nose and eyes
- Sore throat
Your temperature may slightly raise as a result of the inflammation ,but Cedar Fever itself does not cause a fever
How Cedar fever different from other colds?
Cedar fever is an allergic reaction that excessively happens in cold seasons as a result of cedar pollens in cedar trees.Cedar tree which is known as Juniperus Ashei tree has seasonal blooms which are aggressive.
Cedar fever is not similar to common colds. It commonly occurs in December and January. Mostly triggered at the time when cedar pollen count is on its peak.It can last long until the end of March sometimes.
Medical and home remedies to cure Cedar Fever:
Medical treatments to cure Cedar allergies:
- Nasal Corticosteroids:
Nasal corticosteroids are a protected, long haul treatment for many people. Symptoms can incorporate a disagreeable smell or taste and nose aggravation.
It is the most effective way to overcome this kind of fever. It defeats the nasal inflammation and runny nose within a couple of days.
Antihistamines are used to get instant to relieve from eye irritation and itchiness. It is similar to painkillers which can help the patient to treat itching runny nose and sneezing issues.
It blocks the chemical that causes by mountain cedar count and also protects your immune system.
Doctors recommend taking these over the counter medicines for only 2-3 days. In most of the cases, doctors examine that it may show side effects like insomnia, headache, and higher blood pressure.
These drugs are accessible in over-the-counter and medical fluids. Over-the-counter oral decongestants incorporate pseudoephedrine (Sudafed, Afrinol, others).
- Leukotriene modifier
Montelukast medicine made to obstruct the movement of leukotrienes. It’s particularly compelling in treating sensitivity initiated asthma.
It’s frequently used when nasal showers can’t go on without serious consequences or for mellow asthma.
Sometimes Montelukast can cause cerebral pains. In uncommon cases, it has been connected to mental issues like misery and self-destructive reasoning.
- Oral corticosteroids
Corticosteroid pills like prednisone in some cases are used to mitigate extreme sensitivity manifestations. However, if you use it for the long term, then you might face some genuine issues like waterfalls, osteoporosis and muscle shortcoming.
These steroids should be used under the strong recommendation and for limited use.
Home remedies to cure Cedar allergies and Fever:
- Herbal leave tea like red clover, milk thistle, and gingko can minimize the symptoms of cedar fever. Red clover has anti-inflammatory properties which reduce the sight effects of cedar allergy. You need to drink red clover seed tea twice a day.
- Lemon is an antibiotics substance which supports and recovers your immune and respiratory system. Drinking one teaspoon of lemon in hot water can reduce the side effects of cedar allergies
- Fenugreek and its seeds are used to prevent congestion and irritation that occurred in the nasal passages. You need to drink at least 2-3 cup of this tea daily to overcome respiratory tract infection that happens in severe conditions.
- Garlic and ginger are anti-inflammatory substances that can reduce the symptoms of fever and allergic infection. On the other hand, it also has antibiotic properties that can overcome sinus congestion.
- Eating Honey is a very effective way to overcome fever effects on the body. Local honey or a piece of honeycomb can be used in one day to decrease the sensitivity of allergies.
- Fish oil contains the omega-3 substance of fatty acids that can reduce body inflammation. It blocks the inflammatory pathways inside the body which associated with this cedar fever.
- Use of water and salt water can reduce the bacterial infection of pollen allergies inside the body.
How to avoid Cedar fever:
Some experts recommend that in a severe condition you need to protect yourself by doing some precautionary steps in and outside of the home.
Through some prevention techniques and precaution steps, you can minimize the harmful effects of this mountain cedar count.
- Always keep your home exterior and office door closed especially in December and February.
- Whenever the pollen count levels are high you need to turn your home heater and air condition on all the time.
- Always use some cheesecloth’s to protect your air conditioning vents. With this, you can quickly filter out Cedar Pollens.
- You need to change the filters of your Air conditioner regularly. it is recommended that you use HEPA filters because they are ultra protected.
- Avoid touching bathe pets because pest can easily be affected by cedar pollens and spread pollens easily.
- Always drive your car with closed windows especially in winters.
- Always cover your nose while going outside especially in the mountain areas. There are many medicated masks available in the market that can cover your nose and mouth easily. On the other hand, they can also protect you from these Cedar pollen counts.
- Always keep your car air conditioner in a re-circulation mode.
- Always be sure to change your clothes before going to bed at night.
How can you stop the cycle of cedar fever?
Those people who are affected by cedar fever can free themselves of the manifestations altogether. By utilizing sublingual immunotherapy which is also called sensitivity drops .you can quickly stop the cycle of Cedar Fever. Some doctors recommend that Sublingual treatment gradually recovers patients from cedar allergen.