How To Know If Your Dog Is Allergic? What are the Causes ? How you Treat it?
So I heard my friend saying “I think my dog has allergies ! ” , and some fellows who were sitting close to us were wondering ,is this even possible?
Is it weird to say my dog is allergic or being affected? People often get depressed while knowing about that the pets are allergic. They prefer to go for a dog allergy test.
Dogs are like humans can show allergic symptoms when their immune systems begin to be attacked by some daily substances. In fact, these allergens may be common in most environments and harmless to most animals, but dogs have a severe reaction to them .
The sensitivity of dogs as a result of inhalation or ingestion of any strange substance, and then try the body of the dog to get rid of these substances, showing a variety of skin and digestive problems and respiratory symptoms.
Do you know that severe allergic in dogs can lead to skin or ear infection? They can also suffer from yeast skin infection or due to secondary bacteria’s.
All of the harmful allergens available in the environment and can affect the dogs. Allergens can cause problematic situations for human beings if you touch or contact a dog.
So how do you do dog allergy test ?
By knowing the symptoms and causes of allergies in dogs you should be able to do dog allergy testing at home.
Highlighted Symptoms Of Allergies in Dogs:
- Dogs start scratching the whole body
- Runny or itchy eyes
- Flea allergy in which dogs tail turns into an itchy back
- Feeling of vomiting
- Ear infection or feeling of itchy ears
- Extreme snoring due to having inflamed and allergic throat
- Red, itchy or swell body skin
- Dogs’ paw is getting swallow
- Licking the body all the time
Some dogs may suffer from this allergy due to bacterial infections or secondary skin yeast, which may cause hair loss, and the appearance of skin on the skin.
Dog Allergy Symptoms – Some Severe Allergic Reactions in Dogs
Expert Veterinary dermatologist state that if your dog affect by harmful allergens than your dog might be getting into severe health problems. They prefer to go for the dog allergy test to diagnose the symptoms very well. Some of the sensitive dogs can get into severe reactions of allergens.
These allergens may trigger due to affected food or due to seasonal changes. If a dog has shown severe symptoms, then we recommend you to go for an expert veterinary doctor to overcome the allergic reaction on time.
Some of the severe allergic reactions in dogs include :
- Swollen of eyes
- High temperature
- Trouble in breathing
- Excess vomiting
- Severe itching
Causes of Allergies in Dogs:
People often start asking :what are the main reasons that can cause dog allergies? In this article, we will show you the major causes of common allergens in dogs.
Primary objectives of dog allergens and triggers include:
- Harmful Tree
- Affected grass
- Weed pollens especially at the end of summers
- Expired or altered food
- Mold spores which come from the soil
- Dust or dust mites which are like tiny insects and can found in dust
- Flea control products like mosquito sprays or insect killers
- Plastic materials
Medical Treatments to Cure Dog Allergies
Veterinary dermatologist firstly goes for the blood test to do and diagnose the allergies condition. The blood test can regulate and identify that how sensitive is your dog because of allergens. Similarly after taking a blood test, veterinary doctors go for treatment that can overcome the symptoms of allergens.
You are wondering , what can i give my dog for allergies? In the next section we are going to discuss medical and natural treatments.
Dog Allergy Medications:
People often ask if they can give allergic medicines to the dog? Or are allergic medications are only recommended for human beings? So yes most of the dog allergy test, allergic drugs and over the counter allergy medicine for dogs especially made for our pets.
Veterinary doctors prescribed preferable dog allergy test and allergic medicine to your dog but do not give allergic medicines unnecessary. Further, we will discuss some oral or OTC medicines that are specially made for your allergic dogs.
* Antihistamines: This is one of the most preferable medicines which reduce the allergic reaction. This medicine is also used to get relief from sneezing and itching.
OCT (Over The Counter) Antihistamines medicine like Claritin, Zyrtec and loratadine use to get instant relief from itchiness and vomiting.
* Corticosteroids: It is a nasal spray that can quickly reduce the symptoms of hay fever and inflammation. Corticosteroid comes in a variety of medicines like Nasacort, Flonase, and Ciclesonide.
* Decongestants: Many veterinary dermatologists state that this is a magical medicine which is used to shrink the swollen tissues. It makes it much easier for dogs to start taking breathe from the nose.
* Immunotherapy: Immunotherapy is a best every treatment that can train the dog immune system to starts fighting from allergens. In this treatment, doctors inject allergy shots through the nose through which dog can get instant relief from allergens.
* Glucosamine :You can glucosamine dosage for dogs , it will reduce the pain with its anti-inflammatory effect ,and its side effects are rare.
Home Remedies to Cure Dog Allergies:
Treating the dog allergies at home can make your dog feel better and even healthier. Try to go for the hoe natural remedies to recover your dog from allergens without unbalancing its health. Further, we will mention some tips to treat dog allergies.
- Coconut Oil apply to smoothen the dog skin instantly at home. On the other hand, coconut oil can also improve and boost up the immune system.
- Thyme is also used to get rid of the skin yeast infection. You can also go for the vinegar that can reduce the allergic disease. Thyme acts as an anti-inflammatory substance which can reduce the antifungal and infection properties.
- Epsom Salt usage in our food, but one of the salt forms is Epsom Salt which is used for drawing out the allergic infection. If we use an Epsom salt which giving bath to our dog.
- Apple Vinegar use to maintain the immune system of the dog. It also used to rid out of all the allergens and pollens away from the dog’s body.